Thursday, December 18, 2008

Old Dog, New Trick

We've always been huge fans of New York Times technology columnist David Pogue, even before he gave my Lightscoop invention rave reviews exactly one year ago this month.

Today he posted five of the “Best Photography Tricks of All Time,” excerpted from his upcoming book on digital cameras.

I've been teaching photography for three decades, and even I learned something new! The first four tips are among those I hand out myself all the time to students. It's the fifth that grabbed my attention. Even grizzled pros will marvel at its sheer ingenuity. He's addressing compact camera owners, but the basic concepts apply to all cameras. When you use that fifth tip, though (and you will!), just don't use a long lens with a 35mm SLR. Otherwise, very clever!

No comments: