Poynter's "Backpack Journalist" seminar offers tricks of the trade from Al Tompkins (pictured) and Regina McCombs for covering a story when you're alone in the field. This is truly a "multimedia" seminar that attracts journalists from many media including radio, TV, print and online.
- Video storytelling principles including motion, sound, lighting, transitions, sequences and composition
- How to capture remarkable sound that sets your storytelling apart
- How to think "visually" for the Web
- How to find and capture memorable moments and characters in your stories
- How to make ethical decisions about editing in video and audio
- How to file stories quickly, even when you are working alone with sparse resources
Application deadline: 4/20
More info here.