- India's Fast Lane to the Future: A new superhighway linking its four major cities is bringing old and new India into jarring proximity... for better and worse. (National Geographic)
- Empowering Women in Afghanistan: A quiet revolution is gaining pace far from the Taliban insurgency. Women are uprooting traditional gender roles by taking the wheel in leadership positions. (New York Times)
- Catherine's Secret: During the civil war in Uganda, Catherine Ojok spent several years as a sex slave of a senior rebel commander. (Washington Post)
Also new: A remarkable video slideshow that presents the causes, emotions and real life experiences of a tragedy of unspeakable pain and extraordinary cost:
- The Fire Within: A border wildfire killed 7 illegal immigrants and critically burned 16 more. One year later, we experience the aftermath of that tragedy. (Los Angeles Times)
However, not all videojournalism is doom and gloom, as these freshly posted upbeat stories demonstrate, both from the Spokesman Review:
- Flying Trikes: Take to the skies in a new sport called aerotrekking with pilot Denny Reed.
- Playing Army Guy: Paintball enthusiasts say their sport is about adrenaline rushes and having fun -- and only hurts for a little while.