The Multimedia Immersion Workshop (June 6-10) will be "an intense, five-day, hands-on training experience for visual journalists looking to expand and grow their multimedia skillsets."
What you will learn:
- Effectively planning and developing your story to save time on your workflow and increase the quality of your pieces
- Professional audio recording techniques in the field from audio documentary experts
- Hands-on explanations and experiences on how to use audio, video and photo gear -- along with recommendations on gear
- Training on how to shoot visuals for multimedia storytelling including techniques for documentaries and working as a one-man-band or mobile journalist
- Hands-on video production editing training and experience on Final Cut Pro, including how to create your own custom composed music and how to integrate cutting edge motion graphics, titles and lower-third labels
- Get inspired seeing some of the most cutting edge multimedia projects from industry leaders forging the new multimedia storytelling forms
- Every student will produce their own finished, professional project – from capturing all the content to editing to compressing the final files.
Unlike other multimedia training workshops, we provide the most personalized training experience with the lowest student-to-teacher ratio (with about 25 coaches for 50 students). So students will be personally coached by industry leaders who work at media titans including The New York Times, NPR, Washington Post, MSNBC, and also from leading independent multimedia outlets, including MediaStorm and top academic institutions like Syracuse University.
The Visual Journalism Workshops (June 11–13) will offer "3 days of valuable, practical and inspiring education, focused on improving your skills, marketability, and ability to succeed in today’s competitive still, video and multimedia environment."
Workshop sessions include:
- Basic and Alternative Storytelling Techniques using Still, Video and Audio
- Interviewing from Research to Editing
- Narratives, Script Writing and Production
- Still and Video Editing Techniques
- Editing Software Training and Equipment Demonstrations
- Freelance Instruction and Business Models
- Lighting and Audio Training
- Multimedia Production, Editing and Coaching
- How to do Panoramas
- The Edit Foundry (Avid)
- Feature Presentations from Industry Leaders