free online webinar on HTML 5 video next week.
Mark your calendars: Wednesday, July 21, 11am to noon (PT).
As we've previously discussed on this blog, all Apple mobile devices (iPhones, iPods, iPads) will not enable Flash video -- it's a personal pet peeve of Steve Jobs. That means that most Web video will not appear.
Jobs is prodding Web designers to adopt the still evolving HTML 5 standard, which incorporates a simple VIDEO tag that enables most video formats to automatically play without the need for an external player (the same way that an IMAGE tag currently displays all JPGs and GIFs within the browser itself).
Webinar instructors are:
* Jeroen Wijering, creator of the open-source JW video player
* Philip Jagenstedt, Opera browser core developer
* Mark Robertson, ReelSEO.com founder
Webinar topics include:
* Overview of HTML5 VIDEO tag
* Why HTML5 video is relevant
* Technical advantages / disadvantages of HTML5 vs. Flash
* Implications for video search engine optimization (SEO)
* Tips & best practices for HTML5
* Encoding for HTML5
* Browser support
* How to code HTML5 with Flash fallback
Go here to register.
Oh, and while you're there, check out ReelSEO's handy online glossary of technical video terms. Whether you're an old pro, or you don't know your DRM from your CPM, you'll find it's comprehensive and helpful.
The Faces of Bigotry: When the Hoods Come Off - The pictures from Charlottesville, Va., reveal what pictures of oppression and violence generally do not: the ordinary people who typically perpetuate whit...
9 hours ago